Our Online Elementary School Program
The elementary school curriculum requires significant involvement from learning coaches.
Commonwealth Charter Academy (CCA) offers a high-quality online elementary school in Pennsylvania that not only suits the needs of all students but helps families become familiar with and immersed in the CCA community. The online elementary program requires significant involvement from learning coaches. We provide tools and resources that children in grades K to 5 need for virtual learning, educational development, personal growth and creative thinking.
We believe families should participate in their child’s online-based elementary school education, which is why we extend non-academic assistance to parents and learning coaches. CCA stands out among online elementary schools in PA because we customize the K to 5 program for each student and family. CCA prepares all students for success as early as possible by offering online special education courses and other support services.
Learning Coach and Student Responsibilities
Students enrolled in grades K to 5 need a substantial amount of support from their learning coaches, teachers and family. The role of the learning coach is defined to make sure students in a cyber elementary school gain the fundamental academic skills necessary for future success. With the help of a designated learning coach – typically a parent – a student will spend at least 25 hours each week learning in our virtual school. The learning coach monitors the coursework and assists the student with activities, lessons, maintaining a learning schedule, studying and academic progress.
Families can obtain additional assistance at one of our many Family Service Centers located across Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Scranton. Family Service Centers provide in-person help with enrollment and an environment for meetings with administrators, guidance counselors and teachers, and they provide families with extensive services for virtual learning.
Our public cyber charter school emphasizes the importance of family involvement within CCA’s online elementary program by assigning family mentors, or veteran parents, who offer non-academic assistance to new students and families who enter the program. We foster communication among parents, children, family mentors, learning coaches and our PA-certified teachers to support student growth and promote success.
Our Elementary School Courses and Electives
As students advance through elementary school at CCA, they are immersed in a mix of online multimedia, print and digital resources to create a comprehensive online elementary program. The CCA staff takes pride in molding future leaders through our enriching, flexible and customized curriculum.
In grades K to 5, students are enrolled in traditional math, science, English language arts, social studies, art, music and physical education courses in every grade. In addition, they are encouraged to learn in other courses.
CCA’s cyber elementary school allows students to choose among Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish language courses. These electives allow students to develop creative, cognitive and cultural skills. Beginning in third grade, students who meet certain requirements are eligible to take honors classes in core curriculum courses for a more challenging educational experience.
Our virtual live classrooms engage students during topical sessions and are catered to each subject the teacher instructs. Elementary school students will have at least three primary teachers for core subjects. They also will be assigned teachers for any special elective courses, such as physical education, art and music. Our cyber school teachers work to provide individualized assistance and customized learning to their students.
Learning coaches are in close contact with teachers to ensure students are making progress. Students who miss a lesson can watch recorded videos. That ability to review a live session also serves as a handy study aid or a way to relearn a challenging topic.
Students also learn about internet safety and appropriate online behavior, because CCA operates an online elementary school in Pennsylvania designed to meet the demands of cyber education and internet citizenship.
See our full list of courses here.
Benefits of Enrolling With Us
the leading online elementary schools in Pennsylvania, CCA strives to involve the entire family in their child’s cyber elementary school education and make learning exciting with a rich mix of digital and print material, hands-on learning and plenty of field trips.
Why should you make CCA your online elementary school?
- A flexible schedule. You can customize a school day around your family’s schedule.
- Progress at your child’s pace. Students can set their own pace for learning, get extra help when they need it and be allowed to accelerate if they want.
- A safe learning environment. Your student can learn, study and explore his or her interests, all from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Expand your horizons. You will meet classmates from across the state, from big cities to small farms and everywhere in between.
- Hundreds of field trips. CCA offers more than 500 field trips each year, including educational visits to museums and historic sites to enhance our online elementary program, and social field trips, such as roller skating and outdoor adventures just for the fun of it.
- Laptop and internet access. CCA gets you started with all the materials and technology you need to hit the ground running. Our technical staff is ready to answer any questions you have regardless of where you’re located.
- A schoolwide support system. From our teachers and family mentors to our multiple Family Service Centers, there is guidance for you and your family to become an integral part of the CCA community.