Section 508 Statement

Commonwealth Charter Academy is committed to developing an accessible website and other electronic information and services in conformance to the Technical Standards and principles set forth in Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Please report any concerns regarding website and other electronic information accessibility to CCA’s Family Services Division.

Child Find Statement

Federal law requires all public schools to provide students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program and activities. Commonwealth Charter Academy works to provide equal access to education programming and resources for all persons. For more information about Commonwealth Charter Academy’s student assistance programs, please contact the Director of Special Education, Paulie Zozos at

Surrogate Parent Statement

A surrogate parent is a person designated to assume responsibility in matters relating to the identification, evaluation, and educational placement of students for whom no parent or guardian can be identified, or their whereabouts are unknown, or the child is a ward of the state. Surrogate parents are volunteers who are trained by Capital Area Intermediate Unit staff to serve in this capacity. To qualify as a surrogate parent you must meet all of the following qualifications: 

  • Be a volunteer 
  • Be a person of good character 
  • Be a least 18 years old 
  • Not be an employee of any agency involved in the education or care of the child 
  • Possess reasonable abilities to make decisions concerning a student’s educational needs 
  • Be committed to becoming acquainted with the student’s educational needs and with Pennsylvania’s educational system 
  • Have no vested interest that would conflict with the primary allegiance to the student you would represent 

Surrogate Parent duties include becoming familiar with special education regulations, being involved in IEP processes, and receiving notifications regarding evaluation and/or educational placement of the student. If you or someone you know have an interest in serving as a Surrogate Parent, please contact the Intermediate Unit